Gym Class of the Week - Spring Box
Fri 20 Jan 2017
When does Spring Box take place?
Spring Box classes are held every Thursday 5.45pm.
How long is the class?
This class lasts for 30 minutes.
What are the benefits of Spring Box?
Spring Box was a short but fun session, which I enjoyed for the following reasons:
- It was a great stress release! Going straight from work to release pent up energy was great to relieve some stress and make me feel better.
- The circuits in the class provided a good cardio workout.
- It definitely improves strength, particularly upper body strength, due to boxing based moves.
- This is a good class to go with a friend as it's a great chance to motivate each other to carry on and really give it your all.
- It's a short class, but you leave knowing you've done a full effective workout in that time.
- This is high intensity and you can feel the workout!
- The moves help to tone your whole body, as the class is a combination of cardio and circuits with boxing movements, so you're doing an effective routine in a short time.
What are the drawbacks of Spring Box?
There are some aspects of Spring Box that you might not enjoy, which I've flagged up below:
- This class is definitely not for the faint hearted! Novices would struggle to keep up, so you'll need a reasonably high level of fitness to take part.
- The intensity is very high, so you'll feel very tired afterwards and really have to push yourself.
- Spring Box wouldn't be suitable for anybody with health problems such as joint issues or high blood pressure.
Who would you recommend this class to?
I think most people who are already into fitness would enjoy this class, as it is a full body workout and is suitable for both men and women. It's worth coming along to if you are looking to improve your strength and overall fitness levels! Also, anybody wanting to tone up would benefit from the class. The main draw is that the class is short and therefore great for people without much time to spend in the gym.
You can book to attend a session here.