Welcome back to the track!
Its been a long time without track cycling, but from Monday 14 September Derby Arena can welcome you back onto the track.
Following guidance from British Cycling, the re-opening of the track will be completed in phases, to ensure everyone's safety is our priority.
Phase one will see accredited riders programme returning. We look forward to welcoming a wider range of riders over the coming weeks and months as the guidance changes to allow this to happen.
Returning track cyclists
All sessions will have to be booked in advance, to allow us to regulate the numbers of people attending at any one time, and the thorough cleaning of all equipment between sessions.
The programme will be available to book up to 28 days in advance, so booking for the 14 September can start from 1 September, book online or by calling 01332 640011.
What to expect on returning
- Offer sessions for a range of disciplines to accredited riders.
- Offer a safe environment for you to train in.
- Offer modified session plans to ensure all riders return to track riding safely and refresh their skills.
- You sanitise and wash your hands regularly.
- Access to the venue will only be available 30 minutes prior to the session, after the session you will also be asked to vacate the venue swiftly
- Use the wipes and spray provided to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Follow the signage around the building to ensure there is a safe flow for everyone
- Keep a safe distance from other visitors.
- Come dressed as the changing rooms remain locked and no showers are available
- Only complete one visit from your car, re-entry will not be allowed so make sure you can carry you kit in one trip.
- Please bring your own drinking water as the water fountain is unavailable.
- You stay at home if you or anyone in your household shows signs of Covid-19.
- Inform us if you have Covid-19.
- No spectators
- Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions
Before you return we also ask you watch the video below.
Cycling safety on returning
Online cycling continues
We will continue to offer a weekly session for those that cannot attend, just join us on our Derby Arena Cycling Hub Facebook Group page here.
This session is great for those that want to take part in community sessions and wish to remain isolated from group sessions currently. The structure will follow what riders complete on track during and SQT, you can use a home trainer or spin bike and get a great virtual workout.
Frequently asked questions
For more information please see our FAQ web page here
If you have any questions, that are not answered by the FAQs or would like to speak to a member of the Derby Arena team, please call 01332 640011 or email email@example.com, we would be more than happy to talk through any track cycling concerns.