Safe and sound at events
We want you to enjoy your visit, so below are a few tips to stay safe and have a great time.
Before the event
- For your safety and security we ask that you allow extra time to arrive and enter the event due to security controls, including bag checks.
- Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry.
- We ask that you do not bring any large bags (no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm) as they won't be admitted and there is no cloakroom facility.
At the event
- Staff with a detector wand may ‘swipe’ you as an additional safety precaution when you arrive at the Arena.
- Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away
- If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999
- In an incident occurs INSIDE the stadium, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile
- Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles
- If an incident occurs OUTSIDE the stadium, the advice is to Run, Hide, Tell (call 999)
General COVID-19 precautions for all events
To ensure we are able to provide a comfortable and safe experience for everyone, there are a few things we would like you to do and know ahead of your visit. Please take a moment to read the information below.
We work closely with the National Arenas Association and UK Theatre to ensure best practice and share ideas across venues throughout the UK.
We also work with Derby City Council Health and Safety advisors alongside the COVID-19 Safety Committee to ensure all our events are as safe as possible and successful.
Look out for key information on the event pages or in any emails we send you in advance of your bookings.
If you have COVID-19, or symptoms of COVID-19 please follow government guidance. If you believe you should not or cannot attend an event, please contact the Sales and Information team by email or on 01332 255800 option 1 at least 24 hours before the event. We will credit the cost of tickets back to your account, but unfortunately cannot offer refunds.