Safe and sound at events
We want you to enjoy your visit, so below are a few tips to stay safe and have a great time.
Before the event
- For your safety and security we ask that you allow extra time to arrive and enter the event due to security controls, including bag checks.
- Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry.
- We ask that you do not bring any large bags (no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm) as they won't be admitted and there is no cloakroom facility.
At the event
- Staff with a detector wand may ‘swipe’ you as an additional safety precaution when you arrive at the Arena.
- Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away
- If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999
- In an incident occurs INSIDE the stadium, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile
- Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles
- If an incident occurs OUTSIDE the stadium, the advice is to Run, Hide, Tell
General COVID-19 precautions for all events
To ensure we are able to provide a comfortable and safe experience for everyone, there are a few things we would like you to do and know ahead of your visit. Please take a moment to read the information below.
We work closely with the National Arenas Association and UK Theatre to ensure best practice and share ideas across venues throughout the UK.
We also work with Derby City Council Health and Safety advisors alongside the COVID-19 Safety Committee to ensure all our events are as safe as possible and successful.
Look out for key information on the event pages or in any emails we send you in advance of your bookings.
If you have symptoms or have been told to self-isolate
If you have made a booking and have confirmed COVID-19, have been told to self-isolate by NHS test and Trace, or you are have symptoms of COVID-19 please do not attend an event. Please contact the Sales and Information team by email or on 01332 255800 option 1 at least 24 hours before you are due to attend where you will be offered the choice to reschedule your tickets to a different performance or have a full refund.
Will there be any restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
We will be following the latest Government advice. You should wear a face-covering unless you are exempt. The guidance continues to advise caution. We strongly advise you to take a lateral flow test before attending an event and to socially distance where possible, and use the hand sanitiser and washing facilities provided.
Will I have to wear a mask?
We encourage you to wear a face-covering unless you are exempt.
Will there be any measures in place at events to help prevent the spread of the virus?
Yes, we will be encouraging people to use test and trace check-in, providing hand sanitisation stations, and implementing a regular cleaning regime including toilets.
Will there be any social distancing?
Social Distancing is no longer a legal requirement in England but we will continue to recommend social distancing at events where possible particularly in crowded areas or when moving around.
Will I be able to come with any size group?
There are no longer any legal restrictions on group sizes, and so that all can enjoy the events safely, we ask that our customers respect the comfort and spacing of other customers attending.
So we can all feel confident about being together again, we will:
- Clean and sanitise areas regularly.
- Provide hand sanitiser stations.
- Keep indoor spaces as ventilated as possible.
- Offer a refund for customers who cannot attend an event due to self-isolating or contracting COVID-19 up until 24 hours before the event.
- We’ll continue to ask you to maintain a safe social distance where possible when queuing and moving around.
- At the end of an event we may use all the available exits and we may direct you out of a route different to the one you came in through.
Our indoor building management systems will monitor air quality and have all been updated and maintained to ensure maximum efficiency for the safety of our customers, staff, and visitors. This includes maximising fresh air rates within each venue.
We encourage you to:
- Check-in with the NHS COVID-19 app when you’re out.
- Wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds with soap. When out and about, use hand sanitiser.
- Please keep movement to a minimum indoors and try to keep a respectful distance from other customers as much as possible.
By following this guidance you can continue to Do the Right Thing for Derby and look after yourselves and others. But above