Information relating to Coronavirus
Sports courts and activities
Derby Arena infield activities
Currently there are no infield activities taking place at Derby Arena, as we have utilised the closure and part opening due to Covid 19 pandemic to re-prioritise plans to upgrade the infield floor. Works are well under way and we anticipated for the upgrade to be completed end of October.
The venue will continue to be guided by the government and national governing bodies for sport in its decision making process for activities and sport to return to the venue.
Indoor sports courts for badminton are available at Springwood Leisure Centre.
How to book
You can book courts and activities online, at reception or by calling 01332 640011.
Please note - for the first time you book online you will need a membership number, which you can get by calling 01332 640011 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth, address, postcode and email address.
For block booking enquiries complete our online form.
Netball England left the following feedback after their visit to Derby Arena:
- friendly staff who would drop what they were doing to assist when needed - very helpful
- clean changing rooms
- clean and perfectly set courts - it is very difficult to find three available courts next to each other
- lots of surrounding space
- head coach of two years said it was by far the best camp they have hosted thanks to the organisation of the arena and how accommodating they are
- the hotels and meals sourced by Derby Arena were fantastic
- the meal at the Arena was brilliant and it was nice to be amongst the customers in reception and be able to see the track and courts whilst eating
- the gym facilities are outstanding - they are clean, easy to use and had everything people could ask for
- this is the smoothest booking for an England Netball camp taken.