Gym Class of the Week - BODYCOMBAT™
Fri 27 Jan 2017
When does BODYCOMBAT™ take place?
BODYCOMBAT™ classes take place on Monday at 6pm, Wednesday at 7pm, Friday at 9.30am and Saturday at 10.30am.
How long is the class?
This class lasts for one hour.
What are the benefits of BODYCOMBAT™?
My favourite aspects of BODYCOMBAT™ are:
- It provides a full body workout, as the combinations of routines are designed to keep your body moving throughout the session.
- There are particular exercises that target your arms and legs, which is great for toning up.
- It lifted my mood as it kept me moving and very active for the full hour!
- No equipment is necessary, so it's a friendly class for those wanting to give it a go without having to buy a lot of gym equipment beforehand.
- This group exercise class is open to everybody and I think most people would enjoy it.
- As this class is based on a routine, you can your head around the moves and feel yourself improving week by week and not getting lost.
- New releases come out regularly, with launch events at Derby Arena. This means that the moves are kept interesting and fresh - you won't get bored.
- The class is popular and available for multiple sessions over the week.
What are the drawbacks of BODYCOMBAT™?
There are some aspects of this class that wouldn't be great for everybody:
- This class is very high intensity! Therefore it wouldn't be great for anybody with health problems or beginners, as it will take a lot of energy to keep up.
- The fast pace can overwhelm you before you get used to the moves week on week.
- You would have to go regularly to keep on top of the routines, as they are changed often.
Who would you recommend this class to?
I think plenty of people would enjoy this fast paced workout and get a kick out of pushing themselves. It is especially great for those who get bored of the same old routine and like to change things up a bit, as the new routine releases give you something to look forward to. I would say that you would need a certain amount of fitness already to feel comfortable and keep up, so I wouldn't recommend it to complete beginners.