Information relating to Coronavirus
Derby Arena Covid-19 Vaccination Centre
Tue 19 Jan 2021
Derby Arena is a Covid-19 Vaccination Centre working alongside the NHS to help vaccinate people within the region against this unprecedented virus.
If you are required to attend the arena for a vaccine, you will receive a letter from NHS England – these letters are distributed in line with the government's priority list.
Please find below some general information to support you during your visit to Derby Arena for your vaccination, please follow specific NHS guidelines for detailed information about the vaccination itself.
- You must register to attend – all those having a vaccine will be invited to attend in the form of a letter, in which you will be asked to book on. Without this booking information, you will be unable to enter the arena
- Please wear a face covering – these are mandatory at the vaccination centre(exemptions apply). Please dispose of your face covering responsibly.
- Sanitize regularly – there will be multiple points around the arena to sanitize as well as all handwashing facilities being open
- Keep your distance throughout the building, 2m social distancing rules apply. Please note there will be directional markings throughout the arena.
- Stay within the designated space, there will be no access to the café, Arena reception or health and fitness areas from the vaccine centre.
- Entry/Exit-Entry to the vaccine centre will be through the main entrance at the front of the building, however, you will exit on the opposite side so please take note of where you have parked
- Parking – Parking at Derby Arena for the Vaccination Centre is free of charge for the first hour, if you wish to stay longer you can pay for a car parking ticket at the car park machines.
- Get a lift – it is recommended that where possible you do not drive to and from receiving your vaccine, so where possible please get a lift. However please note that anyone not receiving a vaccine will not be permitted into the facility (unless caring for another)
- Waiting after the vaccine – it is advised that if you are not driving after receiving the vaccine you wait 5 minutes before leaving the facility. It is also advised that is you are due to drive, you should wait for 15 minutes after receiving the vaccine. A waiting area is provided on-site.
- No bags – please leave all belongings at home, there will be nowhere to put bags or belongings whilst you are being vaccinated.
- Food and drink – please do not bring food or drinks into the vaccine centre
- Toilets – there are fully accessible toilet facilities on-site, including a changing places facility
- Assistance – if you require assistance at any point during your visit to the arena, or require a wheelchair to help whilst queuing, please speak to a steward upon arrival.
- Enhanced cleaning – you will see our wonderful team of cleaners keeping on top of all the touchpoints and cleaning throughout the event, please dispose of any rubbish in the bins provided to help them out. Some events may have cleaning breaks built within them.
Information on roadworks around Pride Park
There are a number of roadworks around Pride Park, the below downloadable map will provide information to the flow of traffic and where traffic lights are located. We advise that you add extra time to your journey to account for possible delays, although we anticipate the work taking place outside of appointment hours.
For up to date traffic news visit the AA traffic news for Pride Park here.