10 fun things to do with the kids this summer in Derby
Mon 1 Aug 2016
1) Spy Camp – a fun morning filled with missions, intrigue and the best secret agent training. All budding 007’s will defuse bombs, fire rockets, blast targets and solve puzzles – cool!
Springwood Leisure Centre, Mon 1, 8, 15 & 22 Aug, 9am – 12noon.
Ages: 8 to 11 years
Session costs £7.95
2) Be a superhero and Picnic in the Park – Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Captain America or maybe the much loved Elsa. Dress up as your favourite and head down to one of Derby’s Park for a picnic with friends. All the fun of the park, with superheros and extra activities – it’s going to be great!
3) Ready, Steady, Bake let your mini bakers unleash their creative side with our cake decorating and craft sessions! There will be a different theme every week.
Springwood Leisure Centre, Tue 9, 16 & 22 22 Aug, 10am – 11am.
Ages: 5 to 11 years
Session costs £ 4.95
4) On your marks, get set go! The 2k junior park run is every Sunday morning at Markeaton Park, it’s a great way to exercise and get some fresh air for the whole family – it’s free too! Pop into the orangery café afterwards where everyone meets for a coffee and a chat.
Every Sunday 9am
Ages: 4 to 11 years
5) Splashabout with the kids – we all know encouraging and teaching our children to swim is important but it’s also loads of fun, enjoy family time together at Queens Street Leisure Centre Splash Sessions.
Queens Street Leisure Centre
Gala pool; Sat 2pm – 4pm and Sun 1pm – 4pm
6) Try your hand at racket sports - badminton, squash, table tennis, short tennis, great fun, perfect indoors on a raining day and outdoors on a sunny day. With half price courts throughout the school holidays at Springwood Leisure Centre it’s a bargain!
Springwood Leisure Centre
Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm
Half price courts 27 Jul – 2 Sep
I hour sessions
7) Footgolf – replaces a golf ball with a football and a club with your own foot! Footgolf is played on part of the pitch and putt course at Markeaton Park. You’ll also find crazy golf and pitch and putt at Markeaton Park too. There is no need to book just turn up and play.
Session costs for 9 holes – Adults £5 U16’s £4
8) Experience outdoor cinema - from a galaxy far, far away to an outdoor cinema screen. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is being shown outdoors on the big screen at Markeaton Park Craft Village. As a treat why not order pizza or a sharing platter to enjoy during the movie. We are showing the true 80’s classic Ghost as well if Star Wars isn’t your thing.
9) Bubble Football - play football like you’ve never played it before! Bubble Football is the latest craze sweeping the nation. The sessions at Springwood Leisure Centre are 60 minutes of pure fun – big, bouncy, exciting entertainment!
Springwood Leisure Centre
Wed 3, 10, 17, 24 & 31 Aug 9.30am – 10.30am
Age: 7 – 14 years
Session costs £10
10) Get on yer bike and try riding the velodrome at Derby Arena. Riding a velodrome is a unique experience. Our taster sessions are great fun and one of the most popular session we run, so whether you are aiming for the Olympics 2020 or you just want to experience riding round a velodrome, try this session this summer holidays.
Mon 9.30am and 10.30am
Session costs: 1 adult and 1 child £18, 1 adult and 2 children £28, 2 adults and 2 children £38.