Level 2 Sports Coach
Date Posted: Wed 24 Apr 2019
Salary: Grade F £22,911 to £25,295 a year pro-rata
Hours: varied hours, to work as and when required
Location: Derby Arena & various Leisure Facilities
Contract: Casual contract
Closing Date: Tue 31 Dec 2019
Directorate: People Services
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified Sports Coach to join the team at Derby City Council. The role will include delivering a variety of sport and activity sessions to all age ranges and abilities. We are looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic sports coach that has a passion and drive to increase participation in sport and activity.
The successful candidate will plan, deliver and monitor our co-ordinated sporting programmes to a high quality with professional coaching activities. As Derby City Council, we aspire to motivate people within the community to become more physically and culturally active, this role will play a key part in this developmental area.
* Previous experience in sports coaching
* Minimum Level 2 qualification within sports coaching or equivalent (BTEC, NVQ, Degree) - Qualification will need to be stated in application and sight of certificates for interview
* The ability to plan a range of innovative coaching sessions and programs
* Hold a valid First Aid certificate
*Up to date DBS
* Recognised qualification from at least one National Governing Body (NGB) of Sport qualification or working towards NGB recognised qualification
* Experience of working with schools
* Sound knowledge and understanding in safe guarding
The hours of the role are varied seven days a week, on a casual basis. Therefore the successful candidate will be required to have a reasonable amount of flexibility for this role.
For further information on the post or to submit your curriculum vitae, please contact Naomi Johnson, Assistant Manager Development and Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews for this post will be arranged as and when application forms are received.
Please be aware that where there are staff within the organisation who are 'at risk' of redundancy, requirements to redeploy to another suitable role will apply and take priority
The closing date for this vacancy is 31 December 2019 at midnight. Any application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
, take a look at the Derby City Council website.